The Incentive Program at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson (BGCT) is designed to inspire Club teens to pursue academic excellence in preparation for college, vocational school, or the military by providing cash incentives for outstanding academic performance in high school.
Immediate cash awards, plus a cash deposit to be withdrawn upon high school graduation, will be provided to students who achieve a GPA of 3.0+ as outlined below. In addition, gift certificates will be awarded to any student who improves his/her GPA over the previous trimester.
How the Program Works:
The Incentive Program will commence with the Fall 2016 school year at all six BGCT Clubs.
Any high school student (Grades 9-12) who is a Club member-in-good-standing is eligible to participate. Students participating in the program must be a member of a Club during the academic year in which the cash award is made.
Cash awards will be made to the student within 10 business days of receipt of the student’s grade report to the Administration Office. Grade reports must be submitted to the Vice President of Program Operations by a designated staff person at the Clubs.
BGCT will provide the following incentives (one per student only):
- Any student earning a 3.5 GPA per quarter will receive a cash gift of $50 and another $50 credited to an account with BGCT to be awarded upon high school graduation. A student could potentially earn up to $400 per year.
- Any student earning a 3.0 GPA per quarter will receive a cash gift of $25 and another $25 credited to an account with BGCT to be awarded upon high school graduation. A student could potentially earn up to $200 per year.
- Any student improving his/her GPA over the previous quarter, regardless of GPA, will receive a restaurant gift certificate.
- Each Club will post a Dean’s List of those who achieve 3.5 GPA, 3.0 GPA, and improvement in GPA respectively.
- Each Club will host a Dean’s List Reception and Awards Ceremony at the end of the school year for all Dean’s List students and their families.
- Any High School Senior who achieves a 3.5 GPA for each and every semester for the year will receive a laptop or iPad upon graduation. Additionally, BGCT will host a drawing from among all Seniors who achieve a 3.0 GPA for each trimester. The winner of the drawing (1) will receive a laptop or iPad.
- As the program evolves, enhancements may include field trips to colleges/universities and to companies/workplaces; guest speakers; and special in-house programming through the Teen Centers (e.g. regular Toastmasters events).
Enroll TODAY by contacting your Clubhouse Director.