Amid the current crisis, BGCT will continue to be here to serve the youth of our community. Though we have had to make some temporary adjustments to protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, BGCT is committed to continuing its critical services. You can rest assured that during this scary and unprecedented time, BGCT is stepping up to ensure that no child in our community gets left behind AND we need your help.
The only thing standing between the Tucson’s kids and access to these programs are the resources to make it happen.There are many meaningful ways you can support BGCT’s mission during this time:
- Social Media – Visit us on Facebook for continuing content and further updates on the actions we are taking to ensure the safety of our community.
- Make an Emergency Gift – As a 100% local and independent nonprofit, your donations are more important than ever. All gifts help us to retain as much of our staff and programming as possible during this global pandemic.
- Donate Snacks and/or Any Item on the list below – Even if you’re social distancing, you can order online and ship desperately needed snack and supply items to the Clubs! With schools out of session, low-income youth need access to healthy snacks and supplies now more than ever.
- Shop Online – Speaking of shopping… if you’re doing any personal shopping on Amazon, consider selecting BGCT as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile. We receive 0.5% of every order you place… and trust us: that adds up.
Items can be dropped off at our Frank & Edith Morton Clubhouse located at 3155 E. Grant Rd., Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, or call us at (520) 573-3533 for other arrangements.
Current Needs While Navigating COVID19
Open for the Children of Essential Community Employee
- Hand Sanitizer
- Thermometers (preferably No Contact Infrared)
- New, Unopened Individual Serving Sized Snacks
- Bottled Water
New School Supplies
- Pencils, pens, writing paper
- Acrylic paints, pastels, charcoal, watercolors
- Drawing pencils, brushes, art paper
New Sports Equipment
- Basketballs, baseballs, footballs
- Baseball equipment, flag football equipment
- Play canopies
- Water coolers/jugs for outdoor play and field trips
New Board Games / Puzzles
- Taboo, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Chutes & Ladders, Candyland
- Video games, stereos, CDs, audio & video equipment
- Power wash, shop vacs
- Paint brushes, rollers, etc.
- Desks, carousels
- Tables and chairs
Kitchen Supplies (New and Unused)
- Disposable aluminum baking pans, tin foil, Saran Wrap, cookie sheets, disposable containers
- Paper plates and cups, napkins and paper towels, plastic utensils
- Serving utensils, can openers, ice cream scoopers, carving knives
- Measuring cups and spoons, whisks, pot holders, trivets, hot pads, salt and pepper shakers
- Dish towels, dish soap, disinfectant sprays, counter cleaners, scouring pads and sponges,
- Small appliances; e.g., Microwave ovens, coffee makers, toaster ovens, handheld mixers (electric or manual)
- Healthy snacks for snack bar and field trips
- Fruit, granola bars, juice boxes