The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an affiliate of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, a national organization that serves local independent member organizations (the “Local Boys & Girls Clubs”). Together Boys & Girls Clubs of America, its Clubs and affiliates form one of the nation’s largest networks of local youth organizations dedicated to promoting the health, social, educational, vocational and character development of youth throughout the United States of America.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is a separate legal entity, is governed by an independent board of directors, executive committee or other governing body and is solely responsible for its own affairs, including, but not limited to, matters of safety; compliance with federal, state and local laws; physical facilities; uses of technology, finances; policies and programs and personnel policies and decisions. As such it has sole authority, and right to hire, terminate, and prescribe the duties of what is fully within their right.
This site is provided by Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson (BGCT). BGCT is committed to complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. BGCT does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Our information collection practices are described below. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn more about our programs, we recommend that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children on this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and recommend parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don’t know.
The Information BGCT Collects
BGCT collects information in several ways from different parts of this site. BGCT may collect personal information from you when you register with this site. BGCT also may ask you for personal information at other times, such as when you ask a question or report a problem with this site. If you contact BGCT, the organization may keep a record of that session or correspondence, including your email address. BGCT may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. There also may be services on this site that require you to fill out an online form or send BGCT an e-mail message in order to utilize these services. BGCT collects any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
We may ask you for identifying and personal information to:
- Invite you to receive periodic email updates about our progress: When you accept, or “opt in,” we ask you to give us your email address and respond to some questions that help us tailor our information to your interests. You can “opt out” of receiving these periodic updates at any time.
- Processing any online donations you make to Boys & Girls of Tucson. When you donate to honor someone else, we do not use the information you give us about that person for any other purpose.
- Accepting your online “registration” at our site: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson and the parties we have involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
- BGCT also may collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items.
- This list is not exhaustive but meant to give the website user an idea of the data collecting on this website.
In an attempt to provide better service, we may include third party links on our site. These sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We welcome feedback about the integrity of these sites.
How BGCT Uses the Information it Collects
BGCT understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality to users of this site. BGCT will not share personal information you submit through this site with companies not affiliated with BGCT for purposes of marketing or promoting events, products, or similar items, unless such events, products, or similar items are related to BGCT, and except that BGCT may, from time to time, make personal information available to selected third parties, but only in the aggregate.
Integrity and Security
BGCT will not sell, trade, rent, or exchange its donor list and donor’s personal information with any other organization. From time to time BGCT may share donor or prospective donor information with Clubs to ensure collaborative efforts. If someone requests that information is shared with a Club, BGCT will comply with their wishes.
BGCT employs commercially reasonable managerial and technical measures to help protect the security and integrity of the personal information it collects online through this site. You acknowledge, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while BGCT strives to protect your personal information, BGCT cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or from this site.
Updated August 2022